I'm not so big on new year's resolution. I used to always have one in the past, but most of us know that resolution almost always never get resolved. It's like the sibling of promise, they are all meant to be broken. Ha! But here I am, going to jot down things I'd like to accomplish/change in the year 2013. I'll call this New Year's Goal. Very profound, I know.
2012 is a so-so year for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm so blessed. Projects are still rolling in, beyond my capacity actually. And I'm forever grateful. Plus, the bf and I opened DuoDeco Studio, which is a dream that I still can't believe is actually now our reality. But my sort of ADD brain is getting the best of me, and I need to make changes asap. When better to start this life altering goal, the new year of course. :)
1. Hit reply button as soon as I read the message. I know so easy right? Nope. I have this weird sickness of reading all messages and telling myself that I'll get back to it later. Then later becomes tomorrow. And tomorrow becomes the day after. It goes on. So if I still owe you an email (mostly re inquiries), I'm sorry! I'll get to that very soon.
2. Only 4 projects at a time, max. I love doing this work, and sometimes, it's hard to say no. It's a blessing after all. But juggling too many won't do me and the clients any good. I'd love to give 100% each time, so I'm setting a limit. This will be good.
3. Organize. My room. Our office. My thoughts. Clutter is such a hindrance to productivity, I knew it too well. So I want to keep (at least my working space) free of clutter so I can have a clear mind.
4. Give more time and attention to our new baby, DuoDeco Studio. Starting a business, even a small one, is so time consuming. It took us months to get here, and a lot more work has to be done. I love our studio, it's ours. It's our home. So 2013, we'll make it flourish.
5. Blog MORE. Oh my gawd I've been saying this for months. Before all the project came coming in, I was blogging every other day. Now it came down to 4-6 post per month. Eeeek. I'm actually surprised that you guys are still reading in. Haha... But seriously, this blog started it all. It gave me work, I met some really nice people through this. So I need to get on it to keep this ball rolling. Goal: At least 10 post/month.
6. Exercise. It's been years since I did some serious work-out. Embarrassing. I want to live a little healthier in 2013. Do some sweat inducing activity at least once a week. Cut on sugar. God knows how I love desserts, but I know it will be good for me. I'm getting a year older after all.
7. Travel. The last time I went abroad was in 2010, at Vietnam with my cousin. That was it. She had travelled at least 20 times after that, and as for me, nadda. This coming year, I want to go out of the country at least once. Hello?? HK is not that far away, what's keeping me? Really, I'm itching.
I miss watching the sunrise at a cruise with cool wind blowing my hair.
Oo mahangin sa labas! Haha.. At Panama Canal Cruise 2009.
I miss chillin around vegas strip.
Literally. Nagchi-chill nako sa ginaw! haha. 2009.
Haist. I shall return.
8. Go out more. Have fun. Relax. Enjoy life. All the cliches. But really, I want that. In order for us to function properly, we need to take a breather once in a while. Or else, baliw-baliwan ang drama.
I know this list is so vague, but at least I got one so I can check back here once in a while to assess if I'm at least close to changing/achieving this stuff. I would love to have a detailed bucket-list of sort, but for now, this is fine to keep me sane. Balance balance balance!
Fingers, toes, legs crossed! Wish me luck. :)